Jun 28, 2013
Check out the books we're discussing here!
Kobo Writing Life Director Mark Lefebvre interviews author Steve Vernon, a writer and storyteller of both written and spoken words and they discuss the following:
· Aspects of writing a serialized story (Steve’s Flash Virus Series), elements of humour in a thriller/horror story and the perspective of being able to laugh at life.
· Steve’s first published story in the mid 1980’s in a magazine that featured “Busoms, beards and big bellied bikers.”
· Embracing both traditional publishing and self-publishing as a hybrid author and how that syncs beautifully with how Steve really “isn’t a writer, just a windbag who likes to spin yarns”
· The importance of being able to adapt and continue to learn as a writer
· Steve’s favourite advice for writers
Also included in this episode are Mark’s “Three P’s of Self-Publishing Success” as well as a listener question regarding ensuring your Goodreads reviews appear on Kobo.
Steve’s Blog “Yours in Storytelling”
Download Episode One of Steve’s Flash Virus series (FREE)
Steve’s Flash Virus Series
Steve Vernon’s Books on Kobo